Rising Rangatahi is a youth inclusion project located in Kawatiri, NZ. Our aim is to help provide our rangatahi with all the foundations and services to promote a positive life. Receiving referrals from caregivers, professional and services to provide and promote the Whānau Ora approach.
Homebuilders West Coast Trust, Te Hā O Kawatiri and Buller REAP work in collaboration for this initiative.
Whanau Tautoko (Homebuilders)
- Matua support for whanau wellbeing
- Social work services for parents/caregivers/siblings/matua of vulnerable rangatahi
- Receiving referrals from partners working alongside other agencies
Wananga (Te Hā O Kawatiri)
Mātaruanga – support rangatahi to learn and develop their skills and knowledge about themselves, their culture, their potential, their future, and their role/place in this world.
Youth Worker/Co-ordinator (Buller REAP)
- Youth work/mentoring
- Co-ordinate Whenua Iti, Explore and Anyone Can Read to deliver services
- Co-ordinate C.A.C.T.U.S/after cchool programme in collaboration with other services
- Strengthen the youth services network
- Have a community presence and provide support where needed within the Kawatiri youth sector
Training for Professionals
- Positive behaviour support and trauma informed care training including sensory considerations
- To build capacity in the community to have a pool of champions to support their peers in the region
- 2 x half days each term
Anyone Can Read Literacy Programme
- Experienced support for engaging rangatahi to achieve their literacy and numeracy goals.
- Provide training to individuals who would like to carry this knowledge further into the community
- Every Thursday & Friday in-term
- 2-day holiday programme for all Kawatiri rangatahi including a range of activities; caving, kayaking, biking, climbing etc.
- 4-days in term programme aimed at rangatahi outside of education and employment and or at risk of offending with the same wide range of the activities listed above. This 4 day programme takes a more in-depth look into leadership, confidence and self-esteem building and future opportunities.
To make a referral or to find out more information please contact:
Phone: 021 060 5558