Mayors Taskforce for Jobs
Mayors Taskforce for Jobs is a collaboration between MTFJ and the Ministry of Social Development (MSD), working together towards the vision of all young people aged 16-24 being in employment, education, training or other positive activity in their communities. Buller MTFJ also provide pastoral care for all MTFJ recipients.
Who is eligible?
- NZ citizen or resident
- NEET’s (Not in education, employment or training aged 16-24)
- Those who at risk of becoming a NEET
- Disabled youth
- Any other youth aged 16-24
- People of any age who are disadvantaged in the labour market, who are not able to access MSD products or services.
Examples of funded items:
- Driver licencing
- Travel/ accommodation while attending courses
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Work readiness e.g. CV’s interview preparation etc
- Tools/ PPE
MTFJ Coordinator – Buller District
021 354 658
MTFJ Pastoral Care – Buller District
021 088 97933